Empower Yourself with a Boudoir or Portrait Photo Shoot.
Society seems overloaded with images and ideas what it means to look perfect, sexy and beautiful. Just because you are not a size 2 or weigh a certain amount doesn’t make you any less beautiful than another person. Beauty is so much more than skin deep; it is our personalities, experiences, self-confidence and outlook on life that truly makes us beautiful.
While this concept is often easier said than done, there are many ways to feel beautiful again.
- Sit up straight and walk with proper posture. There was a study done by the European Journal of Social Psychology that found subjects who sat up straight in their chairs were more confident. Think about it, if boosted confidence is a factor of feeling beautiful and slouching decreases confidence…you should stop slouching!
- Find the things you love about yourself and focus on those features. When you draw attention away from your “flaws” and focus on your best attributes, you will see your own beauty easier than if you were to focus on your “flaws”. For the record, flaws are only flaws if you make them into something negative.
- Yes, it is that easy! Professor Paul Ekman PhD, at the University of California San Francisco School of Medicine, showed that smiling lifts the muscles around your eyes and lips, which will make you look younger. It also creates a “ripple-effect” where you brain gets a mood boost from the muscle contractions and that boost only increases as people smile back at you. You cannot argue with science…and don’t forget, a smile looks good on everyone!
- Have a photo shoot for yourself. No, you aren’t conceited in wanting a sexy boudoir shoot for yourself; in fact you’re showing your inner strength and confidence. If you are less than confident in your appearance, make it known to your boudoir photographer. When discussing poses and settings, talk about your feelings regarding your appearance with your photographer, they are professionals trained to bring inner beauty and sex appeal out in photos and accentuate the outer beauty’s best attributes. Boudoir shoots and glamour shots are a good idea because it allows you to see the angles and views of yourself that you can’t normally see. When you see every inch of yourself in your boudoir and glamour pictures, you can love every inch of yourself.
- Surround yourself with positive people. You are the company you keep, and if you surround yourself with people who constantly criticize their own looks and appearances, you’ll do the same to yourself. Spend time with people who are confident with their bodies and how they look and you will follow suit.
Feeling beautiful takes effort, but it’s worth it. When you feel beautiful, you’ll love yourself more and when you love yourself, your life becomes more positive. Happy and positive people are not only more successful, but they live longer too. So, embrace who you are, embrace your outer appearance and most of all, accept the things you cannot change with open arms.